Monday, October 25, 2010

Contour

Last week I was little rusty from not doing a lot of drawing from the week before.  In class I learned more about the positioning of the pelvic bone and how to incorporate that more into the drawings I do in class.  I sometimes feel that when doing gesture drawings I'm getting worse and not better. Ehhh! We also turned in our shell contour drawings and it was really hard to get used to the concept of following the lines how they shape the shell and not just draw the lines that were already on the shell.  For my next drawing I have to work on using up the space on the paper and not having an outline.

2 comments:

  1. Im really digging this drawing. There is a very nice sense of weight to the figure in your drawing. she looks so tired that she just passed out! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the line variation going on in this drawing. There's also a good sense of movement. The proportions look pretty good :) You also have some good dark and light lines going on!

    ReplyDelete