Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Final Post

Well it's sad to say that it's the end of the semester and even though I am extremely relieved, there's another part that's going to miss this class.  At the beginning of the semester I had mentioned that I hadn't taken a drawing class in years and was a little rusty, but now after this class I realize how much I actually love drawing and hopefully will keep up the hobby.  I learned so much in this class.  I literally came to this class not knowing anything about the human form, muscles, or how to properly draw them.  I can confidently say that I walked away from this class knowing more about all these things.
The manikin alone taught me so much more about the human body.  Even though the manikin was my least favorite project and I swear it was out to ruin my life with my muscles always falling off and getting lost somewhere. Ehh! I feel like without this project I wouldn't have learned so much about the human form and how each muscle moves forms against the body.  My final shell drawing I feel turned out way better than my first one.  I liked how my background turned out, but I feel the shell itself looks way to plain and if I were to do it again would definitely add detail within the shell.  The first shell drawing I struggled with just making contour lines and feel like I've improved since the beginning of the semester.  I still have a ways to come to draw the perfect human figure, but hopefully one day I will successfully get to that point!!
Here's the link to my final portfolio. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48094664@N06/

No comments:

Post a Comment